Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

First Impressions with Lily Luchesi at #ReadingIndie

Welcome to the author of...

The Paranormal Detectives Series

A mortal detective discovers the true Underworld of Chicago when he tries to take down a vampire. Alongside the enigmatic Angelica Cross, Danny Mancini must take down paranormal threats to the city, but his own psychic powers are coming to the surface. Undead exes, immortal witches, demons, and vampiric deities plague Chicago, while broken hearts and mistrust plague the hunters. Can Danny and Angelica compromise, or will the Paranormal Investigative Division of the FBI fall?

Let's see what kind of first impression she makes.

First writing award or professional milestone.
It was for Vincent, my villain in my debut Stake-Out. Out of 200 entrants, he got third place for best villain of 2015 and it made me so proud because I love my baddies, always have, and it was great to see others loved Vincent, too.

First character or topic that was difficult to write.
In book four, Right To Silence, my heroine gets kidnapped, assaulted, and tortured. After escaping, she gets PTSD and anxiety. Writing her first flashback was traumatizing for me, as I also suffer from severe anxiety that can be debilitating. I almost scrapped the scene, but am glad I didn't.

First time you collaborated with another author.
I have only one co-written book, called Soul Syndicate. It's in the Sigils and Spells boxed set, and it's co-written with Faith Marlow. The set and our story promotes diversity in the urban fantasy genre.

First time you considered yourself an author.

Release day of Stake-Out, my first book. A friend sent me a screenshot of my book surpassing the True Blood book series in our category and I just broke down in tears.

First chapter book you read by yourself.
Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy Blume, I was six. I taught myself how to read quite young, before pre-school, but somehow wound up never reading a chapter book until then.

Well, dear readers, Lilly would like to know, 
"What was your first Halloween costume?"

And there you have it, folks, Lily Luchesi .

Lily Luchesi is the award-winning author of the bestselling Paranormal Detectives Series, published by Vamptasy Publishing. She was born in Chicago, and now resides in Los Angeles. As a child, she had tendency for being interested in all things "dark". At two she became infatuated with vampires and ghosts, and that infatuation turned into a lifestyle. She is also an out member of the LGBT+ community. When she's not writing, she's going to rock concerts, getting tattooed, watching the CW, or reading manga. And drinking copious amounts of coffee.

So, how bout it? What's your answer to our guest's question?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on; give us your two cents.